Hello there again! Laeven here! Exactly 2 months ago (at the time of writing this) we posted an announcement about our new website. We wanted to get a website up and running that would have information about all of our upcoming gamemodes and their respective features! Instead of taking the time to build a brand new website, I quickly ported one over from a previous project of mine. It has a lot of problems.
- The website was bare and had no information on it
- It was built using Boostrap 3 which is dated
- Too many freaking green borders!
- Responsiveness was lacking in some areas of the website (Mobile)
- Some pages looked haphazardly put together (Staff page)
So I decided to do a complete re-build of the entire website from scratch using good old’ Bootstrap 4! If you head to https://vertexmc.org/ you’ll see the result of my workings! I’ve done an entire overhaul of the website.
- The website has information on it now! Woohoo!
- It’s smooth to scroll (even on a desktop)
- A lot more time and care has been put into each page
- The website supports 4K! If you are one of the few with a 4K monitor we support it!
- General responsiveness is much better than before
- Much less green borders
- Navigation bar sticks to the top
- There is a ‘back to top’ button, though it’s more useful for mobile users
Any questions regarding any of the new information can be answered by one of our operators. Feel free to ping one of us!
Mellow feature changes
There are some changes to the features of mellow that were before displayed on the old website.
Firstly, the 32k custom terrain is, unfortunately, a no-go right now. This is not to say we will never do custom terrain in the future, because we want to, but for now, we’re sticking with vanilla terrain. The reasons for this were firstly, no plugin was available at the time of writing this to allow for custom generated terrain in 1.14 (Yes EWG does have 1.14 support but it’s getting a lot of bad reviews right now and I don’t feel great dropping $40 on a plugin that may not work). Secondly, if we were to use an older version, the structures of 1.14 would never generate. Structures like the new villages, shipwrecks, aquatic life etc.
Custom loot tables and a few others are still in development phases because they require other parent mechanics to be working first.
How updates gets released
This is an alpha, so don’t be expecting a 100% bug-free experience. Everything is still in development. What we hope to do is to release a major change/addition to the gamemode every month/couple of months. We’ll open the gates to Alpha 1 pretty soon, and then after a month or two, Alpha 2 should be released etc.
That’s all for now, signing off at 5am