Hey there! As you may or may not know mellow has now been released! During the first hour, we uncovered a lot of bugs, of which now most of them have been addressed!
These fixes include:
- Server allowing you to craft MineTinker recipes again
- You are now able to silkspawners as long as your pickaxe has silktouch on it
- Essentials will stop complaining about dangerous teleporting
- You are now able to teleport to your home using /home (permission error)
- /withdrawxp now requires you to hold the bottle in your mainhand and will consume it when executing this command. Upon using the bottle o experience, the bottle will be given back to you
At the moment, there is not much we can do about the TPS issue (and it’s not because we use a lot of plugins, we’re only using 20, some of those are libraries for other plugins and not many are big plugins). The bad TPS is caused by the fact that 1.14 as very unoptimised. This video by ilmango explains the problem well. The other factor of this TPS issue is the hardware we’re using to run the server. We are self-hosted because we prefer not sending your data to evil corporations who may or may not sell your data to advertisers and/or 3rd parties. We’re currently saving up for a dedicated server (That will run Ryzen) to run this and only this network which is vastly more powerful. This change will happen faster the more players who buy Vertex Premium (which will become available shortly). All of this money will be put towards getting a dedicated server.
That’s all for now ~ Lav
Hello there again! Laeven here! Exactly 2 months ago (at the time of writing this) we posted an announcement about our new website. We wanted to get a website up and running that would have information about all of our upcoming gamemodes and their respective features! Instead of taking the time to build a brand new website, I quickly ported one over from a previous project of mine. It has a lot of problems.
- The website was bare and had no information on it
- It was built using Boostrap 3 which is dated
- Too many freaking green borders!
- Responsiveness was lacking in some areas of the website (Mobile)
- Some pages looked haphazardly put together (Staff page)
So I decided to do a complete re-build of the entire website from scratch using good old’ Bootstrap 4! If you head to https://vertexmc.org/ you’ll see the result of my workings! I’ve done an entire overhaul of the website.
- The website has information on it now! Woohoo!
- It’s smooth to scroll (even on a desktop)
- A lot more time and care has been put into each page
- The website supports 4K! If you are one of the few with a 4K monitor we support it!
- General responsiveness is much better than before
- Much less green borders
- Navigation bar sticks to the top
- There is a ‘back to top’ button, though it’s more useful for mobile users
Any questions regarding any of the new information can be answered by one of our operators. Feel free to ping one of us!
Mellow feature changes
There are some changes to the features of mellow that were before displayed on the old website.
Firstly, the 32k custom terrain is, unfortunately, a no-go right now. This is not to say we will never do custom terrain in the future, because we want to, but for now, we’re sticking with vanilla terrain. The reasons for this were firstly, no plugin was available at the time of writing this to allow for custom generated terrain in 1.14 (Yes EWG does have 1.14 support but it’s getting a lot of bad reviews right now and I don’t feel great dropping $40 on a plugin that may not work). Secondly, if we were to use an older version, the structures of 1.14 would never generate. Structures like the new villages, shipwrecks, aquatic life etc.
Custom loot tables and a few others are still in development phases because they require other parent mechanics to be working first.
How updates gets released
This is an alpha, so don’t be expecting a 100% bug-free experience. Everything is still in development. What we hope to do is to release a major change/addition to the gamemode every month/couple of months. We’ll open the gates to Alpha 1 pretty soon, and then after a month or two, Alpha 2 should be released etc.
That’s all for now, signing off at 5am
Hello there! Pretty soon we’ll be opening the gates to the first alpha of mellow! We just need to fix a few technical issues here and there and squash a few more bugs before we release it to you! Please be reminded that this is an alpha and there may still be some issues/bugs with the gamemode. That’s what we have these sessions for! We don’t however, plan on wiping your progress across new alpha versions unless we absolutely have to (which is very unlikley). I’ll keep you posted on news about the server here!